- 225 g sliced salami
- 2/3 cup (170 ml) fresh cheese (quark, damablanc)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped fresh herbs (chives, basil, mint, etc.)
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 2 red tomatoes, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, quartered
- 1 white baguette, cut into 2 sections
- 2-3 handfuls spring mix lettuce
- 8 to 10 Moroccan olives, pitted and cut in 2
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place cheese and herbs in a bowl, add salt and pepper and juice and zest of lemon and mix well. Set aside.
- Place tomato slices and pepper quarters on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, oil and salt and pepper them and bake until just coloured. Remove and set aside.
- Split baguette sections in two and spread the insides with the cheese-herb mixture.
- Layer a bed of lettuce on the bases followed by the salami slices.
- Add tomatoes, peppers and olives, close the sandwiches and serve immediately.