- 4 slices bacon
- 4 medium yellow-fleshed potatoes
- ¾ cup (180 ml) grated cheddar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) sour cream
- 3-4 chive stems, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bacon slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes into ½ inch (1.3 cm) thick slices and place on a second lined baking sheet.
- Brush both sides of potato with melted butter and place the 2 baking sheets in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove bacon from oven and continue baking potato slices another 10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Chop cooked bacon into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done, sprinkle cheese on all slices, garnish each slice with 2 to 3 pieces of bacon and return to oven until cheese melts.
- Decorate each slice with a bit of sour cream and some chopped chives and serve hot.