« Prepare roasted peppers ahead of time and keep them in olive oil, ready for use in your favourite recipes. »
After an hour-long Pilates workout, the best reward of all is a scrumptious country style sandwich with old fashioned smoked ham.
- 150 g shaved Olymel Smart & Natural Old Fashioned smoked ham
- 4 slices of country style bread
- 2 large curled lettuce leaves
- 1 small red bell pepper, quartered
- 15 ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 45 ml mayonnaise
- 15 ml Dijon mustard
Replace the Olymel Smart Nature shaved old fashioned ham by another flavour from our Olymel Smart Nature or Olymel shaved ham or poultry.
- Preheat oven to 500°F/260°C. Mix pepper quarters with olive oil and line on baking sheet. Add salt and pepper. Roast in oven until skin is completely roasted.
- Remove pepper from oven. Put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let pepper cool down for 2 minutes before peeling skin with small knife. Set aside.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard, brush mixture on bread slices and top with lettuce, shaved ham and roasted pepper.