Note: Slice a small piece from the base of each pear to make it lie flat on the plate.
Indian-style pears stuffed with smoked ham.
« If using fresh pears, baste with lime juice so they don't turn brown. »
Serving your guests pears as an appetizer is a unique idea, especially if they're stuffed with Indian smoked ham!
- 175 g of Olymel Smart & Natural Black Forest smoked ham
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) of plain yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) of curry paste or curry powder
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of red pepper, finely diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of cucumbers, seeded and finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 ripe fresh pears or canned pears, cut in half with core removed
- Mix yogurt, lime juice and curry paste or powder in a bowl.
- Add ham, cut into strips, and vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide ham mixture among pear halves, filling the core of each pear half.
- Serve pears stuffed with smoked ham as an appetizer.