- 150 g old-fashioned smoked ham, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) basil pesto
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) baby spinach
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices whole wheat panini
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) mayonnaise (or butter)
- Place cream cheese and basil pesto in a bowl, add pepper and mix well.
- Spread this mixture on 2 slices of the panini bread followed by the old-fashioned smoked ham.
- Add the spinach, tomato slices and then the cheese, pepper generously and close the paninis.
- Spread exterior of paninis with mayonnaise and grill in a panini press.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.