Pan con tomate
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 4 slices of country-style bread
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, cut in half
- 1 large, very ripe red tomato
- Gran Padano cheese shavings, to taste
- Toast bread slices on both sides (in the oven or on the BBQ), rub them immediately with garlic halves, then brush with olive oil.
- Slice the tomato in half (top to bottom), and grate the halves into a purée, using the largest holes of a box grater placed inside a bowl.
- Spread the tomato purée onto the toasted bread slices, sprinkle lightly with pepper, then top with bacon bits and Gran Padano cheese shavings.