« For a heartier meal, add precooked chicken breasts to paella mixture. »
For this paella, you'll need smoked ham, some nice shrimp, vegetables and lots of friends!
- 300 g smart and natural shaved black forest smoked ham
- 225 g medium raw shrimp, deveined
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of pineapple, diced
- ½ lemon, peel cut into wide strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 250 mL (1 cup) of long-grain rice
- 410 mL (1 2/3 cups) of chicken stock
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté black forest smoked ham with garlic, onion, and green pepper. Add pineapple, lemon zestl and rice. Add plenty of salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken stock into pan and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimps and tomatoes and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimps are cooked. Stir rice well, check seasoning and remove lemon.