- 1 mixed package (2 X 150 g) traditional cooked ham and roast chicken
- 4 pita breads (or other flatbreads)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) mayonnaise (sour cream, plain yogurt)
- 1/2 lemon or lime, zest and juice
- Herbs of your choice (dried or fresh)
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1/2 rutabaga, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 small green onion, cut into rings
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) vinegar (rice, white wine, cider)
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) sugar
- Place mayonnaise in a bowl along with the lemon juice and zest, add the herbs and a drop of hot sauce, add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the grated rutabaga, carrot and apple in a bowl with the green onion and the sugar, add a pinch of salt and pour over the rice vinegar. Let marinate 10 minutes mixing regularly.
- Place the 4 bread slices on a work surface and spread them generously with the seasoned mayonnaise.
- Arrange the slices of ham and chicken on top.
- Drain the marinated vegetables and garnish the 4 bread slices.
- Roll up and serve immediately.