Bacon and cream cheese bites
A brunch without bacon is like that day at the pool when you forgot your bathing suit! Don't let this happen! By way of variety, we developed this recipe for bacon and cream cheese bites. Equally irresistible at cocktail hour.
- 375 g Olymel regular bacon
- 12 slices multi-grain bread
- 200 g cream cheese
- 100 g grated parmesan
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (205 °C).
- In a bowl, combine cheeses and egg yolks.
- Remove crusts from bread slices.
- Spread cream cheese on bread slices, sprinkle with chives and roll tightly to form logs.
- Wrap each log with a slice of bacon to cover it completely.
- Cut each log in two and pin each half with a toothpick.
- Place on a foil-covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until bacon is crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.