« Prepare muffins in advance, bake and reheat as needed. »
The car is packed, the tent and pegs are in the trunk and the kids are ready to take off on vacation! Make these peperoni pizza muffins ahead of time to satisfy those little cravings on the road.
- 300 g Olymel sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
- 350 g store-bought pizza dough
- all-purpose flour
- 175 ml pizza sauce
- ¼ yellow pepper, diced
- ¼ red pepper, diced
- 300 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- olive oil or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Roll out dough on work surface sprinkled with flour. Using a pastry cutter or an upside-down bowl and the tip of a knife, cut circles from dough and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Place dough circles in a buttered muffin tin, covering bottom of each cavity. Top with pizza sauce, diced peppers, strips of pepperoni and two cheeses. Let rise on top of warm stove for 15 minutes.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until pizza dough is golden and cheese has melted. Serve hot or cold.