Ham, Egg & Pickle Guédilles
- 250 g traditional cooked ham, cut into match sticks
- 4 eggs, hard cooked
- ¾ cup (180 ml) mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) chopped chives
- 10-12 sweet pickles, cut into rounds
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) sweet paprika
- 2 cups (500 ml) iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 country-style hot dog rolls
- Cut the eggs in 4, place the quarters in a salad bowl and smash with a fork.
- Fold in the mayonnaise, chives, pickles, paprika and pepper to maintain the chunky texture but to blend evenly.
- Fold in the traditional cooked ham sticks.
- Open up the breads along one side and top with the shredded lettuce and the ham mixture. Serve immediately.