« To make it spicier, add Italian Sausages, cooked and diced. »
We know making weekday meals into something special isn't easy, but add a little sweet potato and bacon to that quiche and just watch the smiles break out around the table.
- 225g Olymel Smoked Ham, diced, or Shaved Ham, cut into strips
- 1 23-cm (9-in) piecrust, prebaked
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of sweet potato, finely diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) of red pepper, diced
- 250 mL (1 cup) of gruyère cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) of milk or 10% cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook sweet potatoes in salted boiling water.
- Spread ham and vegetables on prebaked piecrust.
- Whisk eggs with milk in a bowl. Stir in spices and plenty of salt and pepper. Pour mixture into piecrust and add cheese. Bake on centre rack of oven at 375°F (190°C)). for 25 to 30 minutes.