- 4 Italian sausages, cooked
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 6 white mushrooms, quartered
- ¾ cup (180 ml) warm tomato sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated mozzarella
- 4 croissants
- Butter, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Melt 2 spoons of butter in a stainless steel pan and fry the mushrooms on high heat until well coloured.
- Add the diced pepper and continue cooking 1 minute, add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut sausages into slices lengthwise, place on a baking sheet and brush with tomato sauce. Turn oven to broil and cook sausage slices for about one minute or until the sauce starts to caramelize.
- Set oven temperature to 350°F.
- Slice open croissants along one side, place on a baking sheet and brush bases with tomato sauce.
- Arrange sausage slices on croissants, garnish with sautéed veggies and then the cheese, and bake 8 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
- Serve piping hot.