- 150 g mock chicken, sliced thin
- ½ cup (125 ml) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 chive stems, chopped
- ½ package spinach
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 large basil or spinach whole wheat tortillas
- Place 2 tortillas flat on a work surface and spread completely with a thin layer of cream cheese.
- Place spinach leaves side by side on the cream cheese until cheese is completely covered.
- Top with mock chicken slices.
- Place half the pepper strips about 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the bottom of each tortilla and finish off with the chives.
- Roll up the tortillas tightly to make a uniform roll.
- Insert 6 toothpicks spaced equally in each tortilla roll, then cut into sections.
- Place rolls on a serving platter and serve immediately.
- To eat later, roll each tortilla roll in plastic wrap prior to cutting and follow the last step just prior to serving.