« Make crêpes ahead of time, refrigerate and reheat in the microwave. Serve with maple syrup. »
People always like crêpes made with ham and cheese. But make them with bacon and cheddar and you'll quickly turn “like” into “love”.
- 2 eggs
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of sugar
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) of milk
- 250 mL (1 cup) of flour
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 250 mL (1 cup) of strong cheddar, grated
- 10 slices Olymel Bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- Canola oil
- Beat eggs in a bowl with sugar and milk. Add flour gradually with pinch of cayenne pepper, stirring till mixture is smooth.
- Heat a little oil or butter in a pan over medium heat. Pour in crêpe batter in large spoonful.
- Use spoon to spread batter if necessary. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until crêpes are nicely browned. Garnished each crêpes with the bacon and cheese. Roll and baked at 375°F (190°C) until the cheese is melted.