Ham and Maple Pears on Brioche
- 150 g Black Forest ham, sliced thin
- 2 firm-fleshed pears (Bosc, Rocha, etc.), diced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) maple syrup
- ¾ cup (180 ml) grated gruyere cheese
- 2 brioche slices, lightly toasted
- Baby arugula, for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt butter in a stainless steel pan over medium-high heat and cook the pears 2 minutes or until almost dry.
- Pour in the maple syrup, add salt and pepper and continue cooking stirring regularly until mixture has a caramel-like texture. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the two brioche slices on a small baking sheet and arrange the Black Forest ham slices overtop.
- Top with the caramel pears, sprinkle with grated cheese and broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish with baby arugula and a sprinkle of fresh-ground pepper and serve immediately.