- 300 g waxed bologna, cut into sticks
- 4 hot dog buns for toasting
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) hot spaghetti sauce (homemade or store bought)
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated cheese
- Butter, for cooking
- Oil, for cooking
- Brush exterior of hot dog buns with butter and grill them in a cast-iron pan over medium heat. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In the same pan over high heat, add a glug of oil and fry the bologna sticks until very brown, bordering on blackened.
- Place the bologna sticks inside the buns, cover with spaghetti sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese and serve immediately.