Turkey Croutons with Maple Roasted Vegetables
- 250 g smoked turkey breast, diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 3 cups (750 ml) root vegetables, diced (carrots, turnip, celery-rave, rutabaga, Jerusalem artichokes)
- 1 white onion, cubed
- 1 cup (250 ml) Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 Parisian bread, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place garlic, maple syrup and olive oil in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the root vegetables and onions and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper taking care to place the cubes in single layer.
- Bake 30 minutes stirring halfway through cooking.Vegetables should be cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, add the turkey cubes and mix well. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to 350°F.
- Place croutons on a baking sheet and bake 5 minutes.
- Remove and arrange the vegetable turkey mixture over top of croutons and sprinkle over grated cheese.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot.