- 2 Italian sausages (mild or spicy), cooked
- 1 medium zucchini cut into rounds about 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) thick
- 12 slices ciabatta baguette
- 1 small clove garlic, cut in 2
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) dried tomato pesto
- ¾ cup (180 ml) grated mozzarella
- 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Olive oil
- Heat grilling pan on high, brush oil on the zucchini rounds and grill them 1 minute per side. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Place oven on broil.
- Place ciabatta baguette slices on a baking sheet, brush lightly with olive oil and broil on high just until they begin to colour.
- Remove bread from oven, rub with garlic and reserve remaining garlic for another use.
- Cut the sausage into thin slices.
- Brush each bread slice with dried tomato pesto then place 1 zucchini round and 2 sausage slices on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Garnish with a cherry tomato quarter and serve immediately.