St. Louis Style Ribs with Whisky BBQ Sauce
- 1.4 kg Olymel St. Louis style pork ribs
- 1 small onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into large pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lemon cut in 2
- Dried thyme
- Whole black peppercorns
- Whisky BBQ sauce
- 500 ml bottled BBQ sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 65 ml (¼ cup) whisky
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- Whisky BBQ sauce: In a pot, combine the olive oil and chopped onions and cook, stirring, over high heat until they are well browned.
- Add the whisky and burn off the alcohol, cooking until flame goes out.
- Add the BBQ sauce. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Grilled St. Louis style ribs: Meanwhile, boil the ribs with the remaining ingredients in salted water for 45 minutes. Gently remove ribs and let cool.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill the ribs turning them and brushing them with the sauce frequently for about 15 minutes, or until nicely caramelized.