Braised ham with figs in orange-ginger sauce
« For a more economical meal, use quartered peaches instead of figs. »
Plumb out of braised ham recipes? Why not try it with figs and ginger? It's sure to become your next go-to recipe.
- 750 g Olymel Smoked Ham
- 500 mL (2 cups) of pure orange juice
- 500 mL (2 cups) of chicken stock
- 8 figs, quartered
- 2 shallots, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled, in sections (remove white membrane)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Add orange juice, chicken stock, figs, shallots, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle ginger around pan, cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Slice ham and serve with figs and pan juices. Garnish with orange sections.