« Perfect sandwich to amuse children. »
A ham waffle sandwich… that'll get people talking around the table come breakfast! Of course, since everyone will have their mouths full, it'll probably be pretty quiet.
- 75 g (3 slices) Olymel ham
- 2 store-bought round waffles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 20 ml cream or milk
- 75 g sliced cheddar or other cheese of your choice
- ¼ tomato, sliced
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 2 stalks of chives, chopped (optional)
- 15 ml butter
- 15 ml maple syrup
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- Toast waffles and keep warm.
- In a bowl, mix eggs with cream or milk and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a pan and cook eggs over high heat to make an omelette.
- Brush waffles with maple syrup and assemble the sandwich with cheese, ham, omelette, tomato slices and lettuce.