« Try using 150 g of pre-cooked sliced sausages instead of the same quantity of ham. »
Serve up some sunshine for the whole family for Saturday lunch! Whip up this omelet with ham, cheese, peppers and a bit of onion and make their day
- 300 g Olymel Smoked Ham, diced, or Olymel Shaved Ham, cut into strips
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of olive oil
- ¼ red pepper, sliced in very fine strips
- ¼ green pepper, sliced in very fine strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 10 eggs
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat oil in a very large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add peppers, onion and mushrooms. Sauté until onion is transparent, add ham and garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- While filling is cooking, break eggs into a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk everything together. Pour egg mixture into the hot pan. When eggs are partly cooked, sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place pan on top rack of oven until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Cut omelette into four pieces with a spatula and serve immediately.