Ham and marinated tomato baguette
- 1 pint multi-colour cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ lemon, for its zest and juice
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, leaves removed from stem
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 thin sprouted-grain baguette, cut in 2
- 150 g old-fashioned smoked ham, sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) spring-mix lettuce
- Salt and pepper
- Place tomato quarters in a bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, thyme and olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Let marinate about 10 minutes turning a few times. Drain tomatoes and spread on baguette halves and cover with ham slices.
- Place spring mix lettuce in a bowl containing the vinaigrette, toss well and serve alongside the baguettes.