Philly Mexican Turkey Sub
- 175 g chipotle roast turkey, cut into strips
- 1 poblano pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into quarters and separated into petals
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) crushed cumin seed
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp.(15 ml) chipotle sauce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 submarine rolls
- Preheat oven to 400°F (190°C)
- Place pepper strips and onion petals on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with cumin and salt, drizzle over with olive oil and bake 18 minutes turning over halfway through cooking.
- Next, add turkey strips and chipotle sauce, mix well and continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, separate the hot topping into two parts the same size as the bread.
- Sprinkle over with Monterey Jack cheese and return to oven for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Place on bread and serve immediately