Zaatar Chicken on Pita
- 1 package (250 g) Smart and Natural shaved chicken breast
- 2 red tomatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 curly lettuce leaves, shredded
- ½ cup (125 ml) black Calabrese olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- ½ lemon, for juice
- 2 tsp. (20 ml) Aleppo pepper
- 4 very fresh pita breads
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) zaatar spice mix
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Place the tomatoes, onion, lettuce, olives and mint leaves into a salad bowl, sprinkle over with lemon juice, add salt and paper and mix well.
- Place pita breads side by side on a baking sheet.
- Mix together the oil and the zaatar spices and spread generously over the bread.
- Bake for 2 minutes.
- Next, arrange chicken on the bread and bake 1 minute longer.
- Remove from oven, top with vegetable mixture and serve immediately.