A majestic sandwich loaf with extra meat
This is classic Quebec comfort food that makes an appearance every holiday season. It's what mayonnaise is to sandwiches: indispensable. This majestic version is perfect for meat lovers.
- 1 loaf of white bread (not sliced)*
- 4 Olymel Amoré Sausages Mild Italian (skin removed)
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
- 175 g of Olymel old fashioned smoked ham
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard
- 150 to 200 g of Olymel Amoré pepperoni
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 6 to 8 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 250 g of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup of 15% cooking cream
- 3 radishes, diced
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Chopped parsley (4 stalks worth)
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
We used a loaf of country-style white bread that you can buy unsliced in a bakery or supermarket. However, before the holidays, certain grocery stores sell white bread that is sliced horizontally. You can also use tramezzini, a crustless bread that is sliced horizontally and is available in several grocery stores.
- If your loaf is not pre-sliced, cut it into 4 long horizontal slices.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage meat for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the red pepper and green onion and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread. Spread the sausage meat, red pepper and green onion mixture on one slice of bread.
- Spread the mustard, egg and ham slices on one slice of bread.
- Spread the lettuce leaves, pepperoni and tomato slices on the remaining slice of bread. Season each slice with salt and pepper. Assemble the sandwich loaf.
- Mix the cream cheese and cooking cream until smooth.
- Cover the sandwich loaf with the cream cheese mixture and garnish with radish slices, cherry tomato halves and parsley.
- Cut into vertical slices.