« Boil sausages for 1 minute or reheat in microwave before putting them on the BBQ so sausages cook more quickly and get grill marks. »
Following years of advanced research, we discovered that no child can resist a plate of grilled sausages and sweet potatoes with ginger. See for yourself!
- 8 to 12 Olymel Smoked Sausages
- 750 mL (3 cups) of sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of 35% cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pan, cover with water, add salt and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, then drain.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, preheat the BBQ to medium-high heat and grill sausages.
- Melt butter in pan used for sweet potatoes and sauté onion, garlic and ginger. Add sweet potatoes to pan and mash. Add cream, with salt and pepper to taste.