Tartiflette-Style Potato Pancakes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 3 yellow onions
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) flour
- 1 small wheel reblochon cheese
- Clarified butter, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Grate the potatoes and onions and place the flesh in a colander. Drain, pressing down firmly to eliminate as much water as possible.
- Place the drained potatoes and onions in a large bowl, add the egg and the flour, add salt and pepper and mix well. Separate the mixture into 6 parts.
- Pour some clarified butter in a 6-7 in. pan over medium heat and place in a scoop of the mixture, pressing down with a fork to make a round pancake with a flat top. When the bottom of the pancake is nicely browned, turn over and continue cooking until the other side is browned.
- Repeat with the remaining potato mixture, placing the pancakes side by side on a baking sheet. Cut the wheel of reblochon cheese in 2 flatwise, then each circle in 3 triangles.
- Coarsely chop the bacon slices.
- Place one triangle of reblochon on each pancake, sprinkle with bacon and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and is starting to brown. Serve piping hot.