« If using wooden skewers, soak in tepid water for 30 minutes so the meat won't stick to the skewers. »
To satisfy the whole gang, serve up these skewers of grilled Italian sausage and peppers. They'll line up for more!
- 5 Olymel Amoré Mild Italian European Sausages 450 g (or your favorite flavour)
- ¼ red onion pealed and sliced in big pieces
- 3 bell peppers of different colours, quartered
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 100 ml of balsamic vinegar
- 4 branches of fresh rosemary chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Boil sausages during 10 minutes, drain and let cool, cut in 2 cm pieces and set aside.
- Chop the peppers and onion quarters the same size as the sausages and assemble 4 brochettes, alternating vegetable pieces and sausages on skewers.
- In a frying pan or on the BBQ, grill brochettes at medium temperature, basting each side with the mix of garlic, balsamic vinegar, rosemary and ground pepper.
- Serve with vegetable rice, mushroom risotto or pasta and pesto salad.