Linguini with crispy bologna is so good, you can get your family to do practically anything for you after dinner… even the dishes! See for yourself!
- 300 g Olymel bologna, coarsely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 6 shallots, minced
- 500 ml (2 cups) marinara sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 350 g fresh linguini (250 g dry pasta)
- 60 g freshly grated parmesan
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons ) flat Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Over high heat, warm olive oil in a large non-stick pan. Slide bologna pieces carefully into pan and cook, stirring, until cooked through. Add shallots and sauté till translucent. Add cream and bring to a boil. Add marinara sauce, mix well, season with salt and pepper, and keep warm.
- Bring 3 litres of water to a boil in a big pot with a little salt. Cook pasta on high to “al dente” stage – 2 to 3 minutes for fresh pasta and 6 to 8 minutes for dry pasta. Drain, reserving a little cooking water. Do not rinse pasta.
- Add cooked linguini and ½ cup pasta cooking water to sauce. Mix well and pour into pasta bowls, topping with parmesan and chopped parsley.