Serve pork loin roast with mashed potatoes and steamed green vegetables (asparagus, beans, etc.).
Pork roast with fine herbs in the pressure cooker
- 1.25 kg Olymel pork loin
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- On the pressure cooker, select “sear” and let it preheat a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, prick the fattiest part of the pork loin and insert pieces of garlic. Season each slice with salt and pepper.
- Brown the pork loin on every side for a few minutes. Remove the pork loin and rub with the spice mix (Italian seasoning and paprika).
- Pour the stock into the pressure cooker pot. Place the seasoned pork loin in the pressure cooker basket and place the basket in the pot.
- Assemble the pressure cover, ensuring the valve is set to “seal”. Select “pressure cooking” on high. Set the cooking time for 16 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is done, quickly release the pressure with the “vent” valve.
- Once the cooker is depressurized, remove the pressure cooker cover and replace it with the crispy cooking cover. Select the “roast” function and set the temperature to 375 °F (190 °C) for 16 minutes.
- Remove the pork and place it on a serving platter. Cover with aluminium foil, and leave the juices in the pressure cooker.
- Bring the juices to a boil, setting the pressure cooker to “sauté”. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with a little cold water. Add the cooking juices and stir until thickened.
- Slice the pork and serve it with the sauce.