Ham, corn, spinach and tortilla quiche
- 1 cup (250 ml) of traditional cooked ham, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package (300 g) of spinach
- 1 cup (250 ml) of kernel corn (1 cob)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) of 15% cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of shredded cheese
- Softened butter
- 8 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, heat oil and cook the onion until translucent.
- Add spinach and cook until they wilt.
- Add in corn, salt and pepper, and stir well. Remove from heat and set aside in a bowl.
- Butter 8 large muffin tins.
- Place 1 tortilla in each tin and lightly press down the centre in order for the tortilla to stick to the bottom and form a cup.
- Add diced ham to the cups and set aside.
- In a bowl, break the eggs, pour in cream, add salt and pepper, and beat into an omelet.
- Add the spinach mixture to each tortilla cup, then pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the the quiches puff and become golden brown.
- Serve hot.