« For a more exotic flavour, add 15 mL (1 tablespoon) curry paste to chutney. »
These ham and peach chutney canapes are as lovely as they are delicious. In fact, you may take more photos of them than of your party guests!
- 24 pieces Olymel smoked ham (or your favorite flavour), cut to fit size of crackers
- 24 whole-wheat crackers
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 peaches, pitted, peeled and finely diced
- 1 large red pepper, finely diced
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 60 g (1/4 cup) of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander to taste
- Peach chutney: Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat and sauté garlic and onion for 1 minute. Add peaches and red pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze (scrape up bits from bottom of pan) with vinegar, add sugar and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add salt and pepper to taste and let cool.
- Place a piece of ham on each cracker and top with a dab of peach chutney.
- Decorate with a sprig of fresh coriander.