Mexican Philly Sandwich
- 300 g chipotle chicken breast, shaved
- 2 poblano peppers or 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1 large white onion, cut into 6 and separated into petals
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) salsa verde (store bought)
- ½ cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small round loaf of bread
- ½ cup (125 ml) sour cream
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat up a large cast iron frying pan, add a bit of oil and cook the peppers and onion until lightly coloured.
- Add the turkey slices and cook stirring constantly until nicely coloured.
- Add the cumin and the salsa verde, add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the cheese, give the pan contents a quick toss and place under broiler until cheese starts to bubble.
- Cut the round loaf in two, remove a bit of the crumb and place under broiler to toast.
- Using a large spatula, transfer the turkey-veggie-cheese mixture into the bread, garnish with sour cream and cilantro, put the top on, cut into wedges and serve immediately.