- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 4 slices bologna (about 1.5 cm thick)
- Relish, to taste
- Sweet mustard, to taste
- Pickled red cabbage, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) softened butter
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, add a good glug of oil and cook onions about 5 minutes stirring regularly, or until well coloured. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In the same pan, place bologna slices side by side and cook until the outside edge of each is browned. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Butter insides of buns and toast on a grill plate or stainless steel pan.
- Spread mustard and relish on each bun, place bologna slices on each base, garnish with pickled cabbage then fried onions, then close burgers and serve immediately.