« Ideal when inviting family and friends at your table to share a delicious meal. »
Pork just found a new best friend… caramelized apples! For a sweet and savoury dinner sensation!
- 2 Olymel pork filets
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 275 ml store-bought demi-glace sauce
- 2 Granny Smith or Cortland apples, cut up, peeled and diced
- 30 ml butter
- 45 ml maple syrup
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- thyme to taste
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Brown filets before placing in oven. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Coat pork filets with mustard and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Roast in oven, uncovered, until internal temperature reaches 65 to 68°, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for about 10 minutes, covered with aluminum foil, before slicing and serving with sauce and your favourite vegetables.
- Prepare demi-glace and keep warm.
- Stir butter with diced apples in a pan and sauté over high heat until caramelized. Add syrup and vinegar and cook, stirring for one minute.
- Add demi-glace and bring to a boil. Check seasoning.
Mixed vegetables, roast potatoes, rice with vegetables, green salad with dressing