- 75 g Black Forest ham, sliced thin
- ¼ cup (60 ml) ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) chopped chives
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 roasted pepper (homemade or store bought)
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1 slice olive oil whole wheat bread
- Salt and pepper
- Place the ricotta, lemon zest and chives in a deep mixing bowl, add pepper and olive oil and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Toast the bread and spread with the whipped cheese.
- Place ham slices on top, then the pepper and arugula leaves and serve immediately.