- 4 cooked Bratwurst sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) bechamel sauce, cold
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) grated mild cheddar
- 4 slices multigrain bread, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and place rack in middle position.
- Place the 4 slices of bread side by side on a baking sheet.
- Spread half the bechamel on the bread slices.
- Arrange the spinach and the sausage slices on top, overlapping then slightly.
- Cover with the remaining bechamel and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake 12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and is starting to colour.
- Serve hot.