Ham and Bruschetta Crostini with Black Garlic
- 200 g Black Forest ham, diced
- 2 large red tomatoes, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) red onion, chopped fine
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves only, chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) maple vinegar
- 1 French bread, cut into 12 slices
- 2-3 cloves black garlic
- Basil leaves, to taste
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place the ham, tomato and pepper dice into a bowl, add onion and rosemary, then pour in the vinegar and 3 spoons of olive oil. Mix well and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Heat barbecue on high and toast the croutons until lightly browned on both sides.
- Place the flesh of the black garlic in a small bowl, add 1 tsp. (5 ml) olive oil and work it to obtain a smooth paste. Spread each crouton with a thin layer.
- Drain the ham bruschetta and divide between the croutons.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.