Warm salad with sausages, grilled vegetables and artichokes
« Prepare this recipe in 3 easy steps »
When a salad starts out with grilled bacon & cheddar sausages and artichokes, it will surely handle the biggest appetite.
- 1 package (450 g) Olymel Bacon & Cheddar European Sausage (or your favourite flavour)
- 2 zucchini, in round slices
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut in quarters
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in quarters
- 125 g white mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 1 red onion, cut in quarters
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 (398 ml /14oz.) can artichoke hearts, cut in quarters
- 15 black olives, sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in two
- 1 Boston lettuce
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 180 ml olive oil
- 80 ml balsamic vinegar
- 15 ml dried oregano
- 15 ml fresh basil, minced
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Blanch sausage 5 to 7 minutes in boiling water. Cool and cut on a slant.
- In large bowl, combine vegetables and olive oil, season and mix well to coat thoroughly. Place vegetables and sausages on aluminum foil and cook on hot grill approximately 15 minutes; or place them on baking sheet and cook in oven approximately 20-25 minutes. Turn over during cooking to grill all sides. Cool and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix dressing ingredients, add grilled sausages and vegetables, artichoke hearts, olives and tomatoes. Season to taste. Garnish plates with Boston lettuce leaves before adding sausage salad.