- 6 slices bacon, cut in 1 in. pieces
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- 270 g Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- ½ stick (55 g) garlic butter, melted
- 4 squares aluminum foil
- Sour cream, to taste (optional)
- Using a sharp paring knife, slice the potatoes without separating them completely (like an accordion).
- Place the potatoes in the centre of the aluminum squares and brush with the garlic butter.
- Insert 1 bacon piece and a half slice of cheese into each cut, add pepper and wrap up the potatoes, sealing the packets as tightly as possible. Place the potatoes directly on the coals and cook 1 hour turning regularly.
- Remove from the coals, unwrap carefully and enjoy immediately with sour cream if you like.