Sweet & Sour Ham Sub
- 300 g cooked ham
- ½ cup (125 ml) apricot jam (store bought)
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp. (7.5 ml) grated ginger
- ¼ tsp. (1.25 ml) tamari sauce
- ¼ tsp. (1.25 ml) sriracha sauce
- 4 regular sub rolls
- 4 pineapple slices (fresh or canned)
- Iceberg lettuce, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Place the apricot jam, rice vinegar, ginger and the tamari and sriracha sauces in a bowl, add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread the bottoms of the bread with a thin layer of sweet & sour sauce.
- Arrange the cooked ham overtop and drizzle with more sauce.
- Cut the pineapple slices in 2 or 3 pieces and garnish the sandwiches.
- Spread the iceberg lettuce with the remaining sweet & sour sauce, arrange inside the sub rolls, close and serve immediately.