- 1 large focaccia loaf with rosemary (rectangular)
- ½ cup (125 ml) black olive tapenade
- 1 bunch basil
- 2 red tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 250 g Smart and Natural shaved turkey breast
- Olive oil, to taste
- Cut focaccia in two to make a bottom and a top, sandwich style.
- Spread the bottom with the tapenade and cover with basil leaves.
- Place tomato slices on top, then mozzarella, then the turkey and finish with another layer of basil leaves.
- Spread the crumb of the upper part of the loaf with olive oil and place on top of the fillings.
- Tightly bind sandwich in plastic wrap so the fillings are pressed together and place on a plate or cookie sheet and place a second plate (or baking sheet) on top. Place in fridge, weighing down the plate with two large cans, pressing the sandwich flat. Let rest at least one hour (or overnight). To serve, unwrap and cut into 4 individual sandwiches. Serve immediately.