- 1 cup (250 ml) pepper smoked ham, diced
- 2 cups (500 ml) raisin bread cubes
- 1/2 tbsp. (7.5 ml) Herbes de Provence
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (125 ml) water
- Chopped parsley, to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 lb butter
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place bread cubes and Herbes de Provence in a bowl, add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Melt half the butter and drizzle over bread cubes, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and water together omelet-style, add salt and pepper and parsley and mix well. Set aside.
- Pour a good glug of oil in a 10-inch (25 cm) oven safe pan and fry the celery, onion and pepper over medium-high heat until lightly coloured.
- Pour the eggs gently over the vegetables distributing them evenly and bake for 10 minutes.
- After baking, place the bread cubes on top of the frittata, pressing them down gently so they stick to the eggs. Sprinkle with grated cheese and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until eggs are firm and the cheese is melted.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve immediately.