- 1/3 cup (85 ml) pressed cottage cheese, (store bought)
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) plain low-fat yogurt nature
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) minced fresh herbs (chives, basil, parsley, etc.)
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) lemon zest
- ½ tbsp. (7.5 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 150 g low-fat bologna, sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Micro-sprouts or germinations, to taste
- 4 slices multi-grain bread
- Salt and pepper
Pressed cottage cheese can be difficult to find, but you can easily make it yourself by placing regular cottage cheese in a strainer and lettting it drain for 15 minutes, stirring a couple of times. Count on starting with double the amount of fresh cottage cheese.
- Place pressed cottage cheese, yogurt, fresh herbs, zest and juice of lemon in a mixing bowl, add olive oil and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread the mixture generously on 2 slices of bread and add bologna slices followed by the tomatoes on top. Garnish with micro-sprouts and close the sandwiches. Serve immediately.