« Prepare in advance and freeze calzones . Take them out of the freezer 30 minutes before cooking. »
After junior judo, tennis for your youngest and your yoga class, everyone's batteries need recharging. Try these pepperoni calzones you make ahead of time and simply reheat and serve. They'll get the gang back on their feet!
- 175 g Olymel pepperoni
- 4 15-cm rounds of pizza dough
- 175 ml store-bought pizza sauce
- 175 g pizza cheese, grated
- ¼ red pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 8 leaves fresh basil, slivered (optional)
- Top half of each pizza dough circle with sauce, pepperoni, cheese, strips of pepper and basil leaves.
- Fold empty half over filling and pinch edges of dough together with your fingers.
- Bake in the oven at 375°F (190°C) until dough is crunchy, about 20 to 25 minutes.