- 300 g chipotle turkey, diced
- 6 Vienna rolls
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- ½ cup (125 ml) niblets corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 package ready-to-serve cheese fondue
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Butter, for cooking
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Cut the top off the Vienna rolls, empty out the crumb and coarsely chop it along with the tops.
- Melt 2 spoons of butter in a stainless steel pan and fry the bread pieces over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from heat and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Place bread bottoms on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan with some olive oil and cook onion over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add pepper, zucchini and salt and pepper and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add diced turkey breast and corn, mix well and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat ready-to-serve fondue according to instructions on package.
- Pour half the fondue in the bread shells, add the turkey-vegetable mixture and pour over remaining fondue.
- Sprinkle with buttered croutons and serve immediately.