- 300 g black forest smoked turkey breast, cut into sticks
- 1 container white mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups (500 ml) hot chicken gravy (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen peas, thawed and well drained
- 8 slices white bread
- Heat a stainless steel pan over medium-high heat, add 2 spoons of butter and sauté mushrooms until nicely browned.
- Add gravy and turkey and mix well.
- Place one slice of bread in the centre of each of 4 dinner plates, dividing half of the turkey mixture evenly among them. Top with second slice of bread and cover with remaining mixture.
- Garnish each sandwich with peas and serve immediately.