French Toast, Turkey Bacon and Cranberry Sandwich
- 300 g smoked turkey breast
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk
- ½ cup (125 ml) 35% cream
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) brown sugar
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- 8 slices white bread
- ½ cup (125 ml) cranberry preserves
- 6-8 slices fontina cheese
- Butter, for cooking
- Break the eggs into a small mixing bowl, pour in the milk, cream and vanilla, salt lightly and whisk together.
- Pour mixture into a pie plate or a flat-bottomed bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°F (95°C) and place a small baking sheet on the middle rack.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and melt 2 spoons of butter.
- When butter is almost melted, dip 1 slice of bread into the egg mixture, turning to soak completely, without over softening. Place the dipped bread into the sizzling butter and repeat with 1 or 2 more slices.
- When bread is golden brown on one side, turn with a flexible spatula and cook another minute. Remove from pan and place in oven.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices placing them in the oven to keep warm as you go.
- Spread 4 of the French toast slices generously with cranberry preserves, top with smoked turkey slices, cheese and bacon, close the sandwiches, cut in 2 and serve immediately.